Welcome to episode 220 of the Love Live Connection podcast.
I’m really excited about today’s episode because I will be debunking the myth that love is unconditional. I’ll be talking with Carrie who is struggling with a pattern of running from relationships at the first sign of struggle. We trace back to her childhood and find out where this pattern came from. But the biggest takeaway from our conversation is the realization of the difference between unconditional love and unconditional acceptance.
2:20 – Debunking the myth that love is unconditional
4:45 – Carrie describes the pattern she’s seeing in herself
6:09 – The fear Carrie has that creates the pattern and where that fear stems from
10:30 – Carrie talks about how it felt to be the 6 or 7-year-old who didn’t feel unconditional love
12:30 – The difference between unconditional love and unconditional acceptance
15:15 – I ask Carrie to remember what it was like to feel the love she felt from her grandparents
19:40 – What Carrie learned from our discussion
24:37 – Why I want you to ask yourself if unconditional love is what you really want
28:46 – What IS important in a romantic relationship
After you listen to this episode, here are your next steps:
- If you are interested in my two-week course to help you quickly discover your love blocks so that you can clear them and find love, without having to spend years in therapy sign up here
- If you would like more information on my free zoom calls, follow me on Instagram or sign up to my email list on my website
- Check out my brand new free workshop The 5-Step Strategy To Banish Anxiety and Overwhelm in Your Love Life
- Ready to explore what working with me is like? Learn more here.
- Interested in being coached on the Love Live Connection? Learn more here.
- Are we connected on Instagram? Come tell me WHO you are here!
- If you get value from the Love Life Connection, please rate & review it on Apple Podcasts. It only takes a sec to impact our ranking + it’ll help other women find our community!