Welcome to episode 208 of the Love Live Connection podcast.
In today’s episode, I speak with my client, Aila. Our discussion touches on discerning the difference between being triggered or someone just being unkind, how an unhealthy relationship with your parents as a child has long-term effects, and how learning to be vulnerable can help us heal. I’d love to hear what you thought of this episode. Find me on Instagram or send me an email with your feedback. I can’t wait to hear from you!
3:33 – Aila asks how to identify a reaction as a trigger.
6:15 – Is receiving unsolicited advice a trigger or a validated reason to be upset?
8:44 – Aila and I discuss her core wound origination and how that affects her life when she receives unsolicited advice.
15:38 – My advice to Aila on healing from her damaged relationship with her mother.
20:18 – Broaching the topic of independence and how it can be a hindrance to building meaningful relationships.
27:22 – How to discern when a reaction is a result of rudeness vs. being triggered.
29:21 – Lessons Aila learned from our discussion.
34:01 – Four big takeaways from my conversation with Aila.
After you listen to this episode, here are your next steps:
- Are you ready for a love-life intensive? You could be a good fit for my Love Incubator program.
- Check out the episode I did with Kelsey all about the myth of Independence here
- Ready to explore what working with me is like? Learn more here.
- Interested in being coached on the Love Live Connection? Learn more here.
- Are we connected on Instagram? Come tell me WHO you are here!
If you get value from the Love Life Connection, please rate & review it on Apple Podcasts. It only takes a sec to impact our ranking + it’ll help other women find our community!