Welcome to episode 228 of the Love Live Connection podcast, How to Set Boundaries, manage anxiety, and not sabotage a finally healthy relationship
This episode starts off with a common fear I hear from many women in the community: I finally met someone great, how do I not mess it up? I discuss this very issue today with my caller, Abby. As usual on the show, there’s a hindrance to her feeling more secure in the relationship. In this case with Abby, it’s rooted in her relationship with her mom. It’s not that she needs to heal her relationship with her mom, but she needs to set boundaries because it’s bringing out her core wounds. This is the equivalent of picking off scabs when you’re trying to heal a physical wound.
Setting boundaries will give Abby the space she needs to have an even better relationship with her mom. In addition, it will help Abby do the inner child work she needs to feel less anxious in her romantic relationship.
1:19 – An example of something I have been experiencing lately where I need to set a boundary
5:09 – An introduction to my caller today who’s in a healthy relationship, and is scared she’s sabotaging it
6:16 – Abby presents her fear
9:35 – Abby describes her childhood with her mother
16:30 – My advice to Abby on how to heal her core wound by setting some boundaries
21:05 – The one place Abby wants to set a boundary with her mother
26:18 – A tool Abby uses to help ease her anxiety
27:23 – My suggestion to help Abby curb her anxiety
33:10 – A recap of my call with Abby
After you listen to this episode, here are your next steps:
- Check out my free workshop The 5-Step Strategy To Banish Anxiety and Overwhelm in Your Love Life
- Ready to explore what working with me is like? Learn more here.
- If you are interested in my two-week course, Crappy to Happy to help you quickly discover your love blocks so that you can clear them and find love, without having to spend years in therapy sign up here
- To sign up to be on the waiting list for my brand new workshop, Your Conscious Online Dating Blueprint, where we work to align your inner work and the outer strategy, sign up here
- If you would like more information on my free zoom calls, follow me on Instagram or sign up to my email list on my website
- Interested in being coached on the Love Live Connection? Learn more here.
- Are we connected on Instagram? Come tell me WHO you are here!
- If you get value from the Love Life Connection, please rate & review it on Apple Podcasts. It only takes a sec to impact our ranking + it’ll help other women find our community!