Imagine doing the inner work to overcome the need for other people’s approval to feel worthy, only to find yourself constantly attracting that kind of person as a potential romantic partner. Are you doomed to repeat the pattern, or do you believe you have the power to disrupt it?
In the past, Tasleem felt like the anxiously attached, needy partner in relationships. Even though she did the work to vanquish it, she’s now attracting men who seem to fit the anxious attachment style. In this episode, I talk about attachment styles, specifically anxious attachment, and help her discover the conditioning that underlies why these types of men are drawn to her.
2:07 – The one caveat you need to hear about attachment styles
6:25 – Tasleem describes how she used to be a needy dating partner
8:22 – Exposing the patriarchal programming behind the “overly sensitive” label
17:02 – Anxiously attached or love bombers: which type is Tasleem actually attracting?
24:50 – How anxiously attached people are also emotionally unavailable, just in a different way
30:44 – The process of getting comfortable expressing your needs to others
35:35 – Summarizing the key takeaways from the coaching call
After you listen to this episode, here are your next steps:
- Listen to the two-parter series on attachment styles: Part 1 and Part 2.
- Take my free Emotional Availability Assessment here.
- Listen to episodes 166 and 245, relating to the downside of hyper independence.
- Are you done with where you are right now? With my impactful introductory coaching session, you’ll walk away knowing exactly what’s blocking you in love. Learn more about working with me 1-on-1 and schedule your session here.
- If you are interested in being coached on the Love Live Connection, sign up for my waitlist here.
Finally, If you get value from the Love Life Connection, please rate & review it on Apple Podcasts. It only takes a sec to impact our ranking + it’ll help other women find our community!