I’m obsessed with skincare and really interested in the idea of tending to your temple (i.e. your body). So when natural skincare and facial spa expert Angela Jia Kim contacted me about being a guest on my show, I was thrilled!
Angela is the founder of Savor Beauty, a company inspired by Korean beauty and self-love rituals. She recently authored Radical Radiance: 12 Weeks of Self-Love Rituals to Manifest Abundance, Beauty, and Joy. In this episode, we discuss her book and how tending to your temple can help heal your relationship with your body and affect the energy you radiate from the inside out.
12:13 – Things to think about before you listen to my interview with Angela
16:33 – How Angela made the connection between skincare rituals and inner energy
20:47 – Angela talks about what a skincare regimen should look like
26:21 – Where is the line between ritual self-care and patriarchal demands to look a certain way?
31:21 – How the 2020 pandemic deepened Angela’s self-love
33:17 – Angela discusses her divorce, how it came about, and why she’s grateful for the experience despite the pain
40:07 – Why the energy with which you approach things is so key
42:09 – The best gift you as a single mother can give to your child
44:48 – Why Angela wrote Radical Radiance and the ritual within it to become a magnetic force
After you listen to Radical Radiance: An Easy 12-Week Plan to Glow From the Inside Out, here are your next steps:
- Buy Angela’s book and visit her website to grab her $350 virtual goodie bag with an upload of your receipt. You can also find and follow Angela on Instagram.
- Buy my book You Are Meant for Love, sign up for my free email course “How to Quickly Get Over Your Ex,” or take my free Emotional Availability Assessment.
- Join me for the on-demand workshop, The 5-Step Strategy to Banish Anxiety and Overwhelm in Your Love Life. If you have it all but love, you can attract a fulfilling partnership and live a life of purpose. Sign up here.
- Check out episode 292: “How to Stop Dieting and Conforming to Patriarchal Beauty Standards with Jenna”
- Finally, If you get value from the Love Life Connection, please rate & review it on Apple Podcasts. It only takes a sec to impact our ranking + it’ll help other women find our community!