Just this morning, I deleted about 1000 subscribers from my email list. If you don’t run a business, let me explain the magnitude of this:
If I’m not working with my clients, I’m probably working on building my email list and community. Some business owners never make it to the 1000 subscriber mark, and I just deleted 1000.
These 1000 subscribers hadn’t opened an email from me in months; in the marketing world, they’d be called “cold subscribers.”
Other business owners might think I’m crazy, but I had to make a tough call.
Ultimately I did it because the cold subscribers were draining my energy. I was constantly focused on how can I re-engage them and why they didn’t like me.
But in keeping these cold subscribers on my list, I wasn’t creating space for what I wanted to call more of into my life, nor was I serving who WAS there with my full attention.
And in doing so, I realized I wasn’t asking myself the right question, which is: “How can I inspire, educate, or entertain the 1000s of women that DO want to be here?”
Sure, even though those 1000 subscribers *could* be clients one day, today, they were sucking my energy. I tell you this because I think there’s someone or something we ALL need to prune from our lives.
Maybe it’s a friend who only talked about herself, maybe it’s an ongoing commitment you want to get out of, or maybe it’s that guy you’ve been kinda sorta texting with.
I believe that you have to create space for what you want in your life, and with 1000 cold subscribers I was obsessing over, I wasn’t doing that.
And keeping that guy around that you know isn’t ever going to go anywhere is crowding out a potential someone who really WANTS to be there.
So I say….
Obviously deciding to prune people or things in your life is easier said than done (trust me, I sat there with my mouse hovering over the delete button for a good 20 minutes), which is why I think you’re gonna love today’s episode on the Love Life Connection Podcast.
I walk you through three different tools to help you make a decision AND trust yourself in doing it. I’ve also included a free bonus meditation you can use anytime you need to make a decision, big or small.
- How to get out of build your confidence in decision making, even if you’re in analysis paralysis right now
- How to tell the difference between what you think vs what others think vs what your intuition is saying
- The REAL secret to taking the pressure out of making decisions
Your next steps:
- Ready to uplevel your life and relationships? If you’re ready for something big to change in your life, and you’re DONE with relationships never seeming to work, apply for your free Introductory Coaching Call here.
- If you get value from Love-Life Connection Podcast, please rate & review it in iTunes. It only takes a sec to impact our ranking + it’ll help other women find our community!
Resources mentioned in the show:
- Audible – Free audiobook download and a 30-day free trial.