For whatever reason, you’ve gained weight. You went through something–a pregnancy, the pandemic, etc.–and ate a lot. And now your body doesn’t look the way you want it to look, or you feel uncomfortable in it. In this episode, I talk about the shame and embarrassment you feel after gaining weight for whatever reason and how you can still love yourself.
5:44 – How you’ve been brainwashed to not like your body (even if you grew up in the best of scenarios)
8:47 – My own experience dealing with fatphobia (which has been extra heightened recently)
10:22 – Why the myth of “Calories in, calories out” is not all it’s cracked up to be
15:23 – The thing I think you can do that’ll have the biggest impact on your relationship with your body
18:06 – The metaphor I like to use for my body that I learned while in Bali
20:08 – Two more things to think about that can help you regardless of how you feel about your body
28:02 – The question I ask myself when I’m feeling down and in a dark place
After you listen to How to Still Love Yourself After Weight Gain, here are your next steps:
- Sign up for Embodied Dating.
- Listen to Episode 282: “How to Feel Worthy in Love at Any Body Size”.
- Check out the Maintenance Phase podcast episode “The Trouble With Calories” available on their website, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, and Apple Podcasts.
- If you are interested in being coached on the Love Live Connection, sign up for my waitlist here.
- Finally, If you get value from the Love Life Connection, please rate & review it on Apple Podcasts. It only takes a sec to impact our ranking + it’ll help other women find our community!