Lisa is a dear friend of mine and I can’t wait for you to meet her too.
In this episode, we talk about how to deal with curveballs, whether from a cancer diagnosis, a loss, or just being single when you thought you wouldn’t be. Lisa also shares her story and how her diagnosis led her to creating a non-profit organization around the importance of understanding dense breast tissue.
Lisa has devoted her life to supporting women, first as a midwife and later as a breast cancer advocate and support community creator. She has witnessed how powerful women are, even in, and perhaps especially in, their most vulnerable states, birthing a child or facing a cancer diagnosis. Witnessing the raw beauty and power of these women is a privilege that has guided and inspired her hearts work.
Lisa believes every woman has this innate beauty and strength within them regardless of their circumstances or experiences. She works with women to remind them of this deep truth within them to guide them through all of life’s transitions.
She’s a breast cancer survivor and mother of three incredible daughters, with a family history of strong women who have also fought this horrible disease. After her own diagnosis and shocking discoveries about women’s health issues, Lisa became determined to spread education and empower women with the tools and knowledge they need to be their own best advocate.
Love is behind everything Lisa believes in, it’s her driving force. Inspired by her mom and motivated by her daughters Lisa founded the nonprofit organization For The Love Of Cups, to support women facing cancer and affect policy change regarding women’s health.
Your next steps:
- Donate to For The Love of Cups and help educate and fundraise around dense breast tissue. And, when you make a donation of $50 or more, you’ll get a FREE month in the Love Action Tribe. (Just email me your receipt or DM it to me.)
- Want to know what’s blocking you in love? Take my free love quiz to find out. You’ll find out what’s blocking you in love, and get steps specific to your block to start clearing it.
- If you get value from Love-Life Connection Podcast, please rate & review it in iTunes. It only takes a sec to impact our ranking + it’ll help other women find our community!
Resources mentioned in the show:
- For The Love Of Cups website: https://www.fortheloveofcups.org/
- Direct Link to Donation Page: https://fortheloveofcups.networkforgood.com/projects/53468-give-the-gift-of-a-fighting-chance\
- Lisa’s personal website: https://www.lisamalia.co/
- Connect with Lisa on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/lovelisamalia/
- Connect with Lisa on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lisa.boenorman