Welcome to episode 209 of the Love Live Connection podcast.
When it comes to your dating life are you feeling exhausted, triggered constantly, or attracting the same kind of person over and over? In today’s episode, I’m interviewing Kacie Main, author of I Gave Up Men For Lent – The Story Of A Jaded, Hopelessly Romantic, Health-conscious Party Girl’s Search For Meaning. Kacie was struggling with these very issues and as a result, put herself on a dating break. We discuss the issues leading up to the break, her inner child work during the break and life after those first 40 days. I’d love to hear what you thought of this episode. Find me on Instagram or send me an email with your feedback. I can’t wait to hear from you!
2:25 -Why a dating break may be a good idea
3:30 – A list of indicators that would suggest taking a break from dating is a good course of action
7:54 – Our guest, Kacie Main explains what lent is and why she decided to take on this challenge
12:07 – How Kacie’s inner child affected her need to have a relationship
14:03 – The incident that prompted Kacie to give men up for Lent
15:55 – What happened once Kacie made her decision to slow down and reconnect with herself internally
19:52 – Kacie explains how the questions she asked herself during Lent were the first steps of her self-awareness
23:00 – Kacie explains what her journey has looked like beyond the first 40 days
27:56 – Why having compassion for yourself during the process of working through your inner child issues is so important
29:00 – How Kacie knew she was ready to get back into the dating scene
30:32 – Kacie talks about her book, what kind of stories she tells in it, and why she wrote it
32:36 – Kacie gives us a teaser about what vulnerabilities she reveals in her book
After you listen to this episode, here are your next steps:
- Are you ready for a love-life intensive? You could be a good fit for my Love Incubator program.
- Check out Kacie Main’s website here.
- You can find her book on Amazon, I Gave up Men for Lent– The Story Of A Jaded, Hopelessly Romantic, Health-conscious Party Girl’s Search For Meaning
- Find Kacie on Instagram!
- Ready to explore what working with me is like? Learn more here.
- Interested in being coached on the Love Live Connection? Learn more here.
- Are we connected on Instagram? Come tell me WHO you are here!
- If you get value from the Love Life Connection, please rate & review it on Apple Podcasts. It only takes a sec to impact our ranking + it’ll help other women find our community!