Lots of people have a hate-hate relationship with online dating and believe it’s responsible for their love life woes. But online dating isn’t inherently good or bad. It’s just a neutral space, like a bar or the workplace.
I find that people likely manifest their online dating experience based on their larger relationship pattern which brings me to my caller today, Erin. She’s frustrated because she’s unable to replicate the online dating success her friends enjoy and wants to know what she’s doing wrong. As you listen, though, you’ll discover why online dating practices aren’t her main issue.
10:04 – Erin describes the dating pattern she’s had in relationships
14:06 – The first thing that pops into Erin’s head during a short exercise
16:52 – Why Erin lost her sense of security and how she’s tried to gain it back
21:35 – How Erin’s upbringing led to a lack of trust in her ability to provide security for herself
23:15 – A bit of a woo-woo spiritual exercise I take Erin through
27:31 – The mistake some overly-dependent people can make in relationships
29:05 – How Erin’s view of her parents contributes to the real issue she’s having in her love life
32:18 – Another version of self to look at, besides the inner child
38:20 – Summarizing and expanding on key points from the coaching call
43:35 – Tips for getting people off the pedestal you put them on
After you listen to How to Meet More People Online That You’re Actually Interested In, here are your next steps:
- Sign up for the You Are Meant for Love book pre-order waitlist here.
- Listen to episode 277: “How to Stop Being Jealous of Friends in Relationships with Patty”
- Feel at ease meeting people online, write a profile you’re proud of, and have a proven strategy to attract great potential partners online. If you want to make it work online, get my Conscious Online Dating Blueprint Workshop here.
- Are you done with where you are right now? With my impactful introductory coaching session, you’ll walk away knowing exactly what’s blocking you in love. Learn more about working with me 1-on-1 and schedule your session here.
- If you’re interested in being coached on the Love Life Connection, sign up for my waitlist here.
- If you get value from the Love Life Connection, please rate & review it on Apple Podcasts. It only takes a sec to impact our ranking + it’ll help other women find our community!