Welcome to episode 230 of the Love Live Connection podcast, How to Get Past a Big Breakup With Amber.
Amber joins me today with a question about why dating was so hard after her 13-year marriage came to an end. Getting over a big breakup is not as straight forward as you may think. As is common in my coaching sessions, I help Amber to see that moving on from the relationship isn’t just about getting over the person. It’s also about looking at the reasons the relationship came into your life, understanding the dynamics of it, the break-up, and what that relationship gave her that she wasn’t able to give herself.
1:00 – A personal update
12:00 – Amber presents her struggle getting over her big break up
15:15 – Amber describes her relationship with her recent relationship
17:56 – Where Amber’s self-confidence is rooted
20:44 – My recommendation to Amber to take a break from dating
25:10 – I address Amber’s fear of being too old and time is running out
26:55 – I encourage Amber to move from edutaining to doing the work and healing
35:18 – A recap of my conversation with Amber
39:40 – What Amber and I talked about after we stopped recording about finding a therapist
42:20 – Why telling yourself time is running out is not helpful
43:44 – Action steps to help you get over a big breakup
After you listen to this episode, here are your next steps:
- Check out my free workshop The 5-Step Strategy To Banish Anxiety and Overwhelm in Your Love Life
- Ready to explore what working with me is like? Learn more here.
- If you are interested in my two-week course, Crappy to Happy to help you quickly discover your love blocks so that you can clear them and find love, without having to spend years in therapy sign up here
- To sign up to be on the waiting list for my brand new workshop, Your Conscious Online Dating Blueprint, where we work to align your inner work and the outer strategy, sign up here
- If you would like more information on my free zoom calls, follow me on Instagram or sign up to my email list on my website.
- Are you interested in being coached on the Love Live Connection? Learn more here.
- Are we connected on Instagram? Come tell me WHO you are here!
- If you get value from the Love Life Connection, please rate & review it on Apple Podcasts. It only takes a sec to impact our ranking + it’ll help other women find our community!