We have all these rules around dating, especially as women. We get told, “Don’t do too much” or “Don’t seem too needy.” So when it comes to hookups and texting, you probably find yourself questioning when (and whether) it’s good or bad to do it.
In this episode, I talk about how you can prevent harmful hookups (emotionally speaking) and constant texting from getting in the way of your dating life.
2:14 – One thing I have to say before diving into the meat of this episode
4:39 – Reasons why guilt or shame come up after hooking up with someone
6:06 – When hookups can be harmful and going for what I call “conscious hookups” instead
10:39 – Why I think constantly texting with someone is a huge red flag
14:47 – What to do if you want to get out of or go beyond constantly texting with someone
18:27 – Are you currently doing this in your relationship?
After you listen to How To Not Have Hookups and Too Much Texting Derail Your Love Life, here are your next steps:
- Listen to previous episodes expressing my views about the Law of Attraction: 290, 269, 223, and 199.
- Listen to episode 193: “How to Know If Friends With Benefits Is a Good Idea for You”.
- Listen to episode 313: “How to Resist the Urge to Reach Out to Your Ex (Again) with M”.
- Sign up for Embodied Dating.
- Join the on-demand workshop, The 5-Step Strategy to Banish Anxiety and Overwhelm in Your Love Life.
- Learn more about working with me 1 on 1 and schedule your session here.
- Finally, If you get value from the Love Life Connection, please rate & review it on Apple Podcasts. It only takes a sec to impact our ranking + it’ll help other women find our community!