Is it normal to be confused or hesitant about whether to see someone again after the first date? I get this question often from clients, and unfortunately, there’s no formula that’ll work perfectly to answer this for everyone. But you can still look at certain things to gain some perspective or ask yourself some questions.
In this episode, I cover a few things to think about after the first date to help you determine whether or not a relationship is worth pursuing.
7:48 – The two ends of the dating or relationship spectrum you don’t want to be in
11:40 – Where you want to be when you’re dating someone new
14:41 – Why I like to give people two or three dates (with one exception)
17:01 – Rule of three: what that means, what mine is, and why I encourage you to have it
19:58 – Why you should consider dating someone you normally wouldn’t
24:58 – The tricky thing about feeling bored in a relationship
26:22 – Ask yourself this when in doubt about your feelings
28:48 – One last thing you need to know about this topic
Links mentioned in the episode:
- Get my book You Are Meant for Love or listen to my six-part “How I Found Love” series: Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6.
- Listen to past episodes about liking bad guys vs. good guys: 99, 127, and 135.
After you listen to How Are You Supposed to Feel About Someone After the First Date? Here are your next steps:
- Take my free Emotional Availability Assessment here.
- Learn more about working with me 1-on-1 and schedule your Introductory Session here.
- Finally, If you get value from the Love Life Connection, please rate & review it on Apple Podcasts. It only takes a sec to impact our ranking + it’ll help other women find our community!