They say success is 80% mindset and 20% tactical. In all areas of life, I couldn’t agree more. And what’s why when I got the request to do a podcast episode on discovering what you need and want in a relationship, I knew I had to break it down into two parts: the why and the what, and then the HOW.
Last week’s episode, which was part 1 in this 2-part series was about the mindset and importance of discovering what you need and want in a relationship.
And this week’s episode is all about putting it into practice. Knowing what you need and want doesn’t do you any good unless you know HOW to ask for it in a way that’s effective.
Most conversations I find are so ineffective. Conversations between coworkers, lovers, parents and kids, and employers and employees are riddled with blame, judgment, and accusation, which isn’t going to get you anywhere.
So today’s episode gets into the nitty gritty of how to have an authentic conversation. I go into the weeds here, and since I’m guessing that maybe you’re listening to this episode while you’re walking, driving, or doing something else, I created a freebie you can refer to.
This freebie has some important questions you need to ask yourself BEFORE you ever have this kind of conversation, and it outlines step by step what to do.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The six questions you must ask yourself before ever having a tough conversation with someone
- Step by step, how to communicate what you’re dissatisfied with in your relationship and have the other person be receptive to what you’re asking for
- Exact phrases to use or avoid in your conversation
Your next steps:
- Ready to uplevel your life and relationships? If you’re ready for something big to change in your life, and you’re DONE with relationships never seeming to work, apply for your free Introductory Coaching Call here.
- If you get value from Love-Life Connection Podcast, please rate & review it in iTunes. It only takes a sec to impact our ranking + it’ll help other women find our community!
Resources mentioned in the show:
- Blueprint to have an authentic conversation
- Audible – Free audiobook download and a 30-day free trial.