I once was talking to a woman who asked me, “Why can’t I find someone who just knows what I need and want, and then do it?!”
“Well, are you telling them what you need and want?”
“No,I just think someone you’re in a relationship with should know.”
It makes me so sad that this by far is the overwhelming beliefs as to what relationships are. It’s a mix of what we thought we saw in our parents, romanticized romantic comedies, and our smart phone culture where possibly technology knows us better than ourselves.
In a relationship, you can NEVER be too clear as to what you want and need in a relationship. In fact, if a 7 year old can’t understand it, you’re not clear enough. It’s not because you or your partner are dumb, it’s because that’s what effective communication is.
But you have to start with knowing what YOU want, and that’s what today’s episode is all about. This episode is the first in a two-part series. Next week, I’ll teach you how to effectively ask for what you need/want, but first, let’s get started with you knowing what you want.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- WHY it’s so hard to know what you want
- The importance of knowing what you want for healthy relationships
- How to discover what you want in your ideal relationship
Your next steps:
- Ready to uplevel your life and relationships? If you’re ready for something big to change in your life, and you’re DONE with relationships never seeming to work, apply for your free Introductory Coaching Call here.
- If you get value from Love-Life Connection Podcast, please rate & review it in iTunes. It only takes a sec to impact our ranking + it’ll help other women find our community!
Resources mentioned in the show:
- Audible – Free audiobook download and a 30-day free trial.