Welcome to episode 233 of the Love Live Connection podcast, Do You Have To Wait On A Man To Have Children?
The society we live in tells us that our ability to have a family and kids is based on being able to find a man to procreate. And the truth is, that’s not the only way. My guest, Dana, found herself at the age of 39 in a dead end relationship, with a strong desire to be a mom. So, she decided not to wait on a man to have children and went the donor route.
We talk about the logistics of going the donor baby route, plus the emotions that come with it. And at the end, Dana shares how she met her now partner on the day she conceived her second baby… at a fertility clinic!
3:03 – A little background on Dana
6:58 – Dana introduces herself
8:57 – The story of how Dana came to the decision that she could have a baby on her own
14:32 – The first step Dana took in the journey to get pregnant
20:29 – What the process of looking for a donor looks like
26:56 – How much it costs to go through the insemination process
31:50 – What Dana’s conception and pregnancy looked like
35:50 – Dana describes what single motherhood was like
44:11 – How Dana met her current partner
50:49 – Dana’s advice for women considering becoming a single mother
Dana’s Bio: Dana Freedman is a critical care nurse who spends several nights a week in a helicopter flying over the greater San Francisco Bay Area saving lives. By day, she keeps busy as a choice-mama to a 5-year-old boy, an infant girl, and a back talking Siberian Husky. In 2017, in the aftermath of the presidential election, multiple pregnancy losses and a generalized feeling of despair, she discovered the work of Dr. Peter and Briana Borten, and their Dragontree Illuminator Program. There she embarked on training as a holistic guide and life coach with a foundation in ancient Chinese and Ayurvedic practices. She now caters her own coaching practice toward empowering women, mothers, and women interested in pursuing choice motherhood. In all of her spare time she is writing a memoir. The Kind of Woman who Would is a story of love and relationship, death and dying, and what to do if you should find yourself single at 39 with a desperate longing for motherhood. With any luck, and a few stolen moments, it should be finished in 2021.
After you listen to this episode, here are your next steps:
- If you would like to connect with Dana, visit her website at https://danafreedman.com/
- Join me for the new on demand workshop, Attract Your Soulmate Without Losing Your Soul. This is how to do the deep work and create a thriving relationship in your life without changing who you are. Sign up here.
- Are you interested in being coached on the Love Live Connection? Learn more here.
- Are we connected on Instagram? Come tell me WHO you are here!
- If you get value from the Love Life Connection, please rate & review it on Apple Podcasts. It only takes a sec to impact our ranking + it’ll help other women find our community!