Welcome to episode 225 of the Love Live Connection podcast, Dating as a Feminist and Healing from Sexual Trauma
In today’s episode, I’m joined by my new friend Kimberly Rose Pendleton. In my conversation with Kim, we talk about how viewing your experience in dating and relationships as a feminist reveals patriarchal norms still around us. We also discuss how to heal, especially sexual trauma, though pleasure. Kim has a Ph.D. in women’s studies AND, she coaches women around sexual trauma and empowerment.
7:40 – Kim introduces herself
9:05 – How Kim’s Ph.D. intersects with the coaching she does
12:30 – Examples of patriarchal structures that exist and how one might experience them based on who they are
16:40 – How patriarchal norms show up in active and online dating
27:09 – What encompasses sexual trauma in Kim’s work
32:54 – How pleasure is the key part of the medicine to heal sexual trauma
37:05 – How the brain will cut off the memory or the feeling when there is trauma to the body
40:25 – Steps Kim walks her clients through who are ready to be more comfortable with sex
After you listen to this episode, here are your next steps:
- Check out Kim’s website here.
- To sign up to be on the waiting list for my brand new workshop, Your Conscious Online Dating Blueprint, where we work to align your inner work and the outer strategy, sign up here
- Check out my free workshop The 5-Step Strategy To Banish Anxiety and Overwhelm in Your Love Life
- If you are interested in my two-week course to help you quickly discover your love blocks so that you can clear them and find love, without having to spend years in therapy sign up here
- If you would like more information on my free zoom calls, follow me on Instagram or sign up to my email list on my website
- Ready to explore what working with me is like? Learn more here.
- Interested in being coached on the Love Live Connection? Learn more here.
- Are we connected on Instagram? Come tell me WHO you are here!
- If you get value from the Love Life Connection, please rate & review it on Apple Podcasts. It only takes a sec to impact our ranking + it’ll help other women find our community!