You’ve done a lot of work and understand how past experiences have shaped your relationship patterns. But are you still meeting lots of emotionally unavailable people on dates or constantly looking for red flags to keep from getting hurt or rejected? If that sounds like you, then you’ll relate to Erin who’s been single for five years.
In this episode, I help her discover what lies behind her frustration with her love life and seeming inability to find someone with a mutual interest in a long-term relationship.
9:33 – Erin explains her frustration with her existing dating situation
13:50 – The perspective that’s missing from Erin’s love life right now
17:21 – How being too open can be a form of manipulation
19:33 – Dating from the fearful place of “guilty until proven innocent”
24:12 – The missing factor Erin may not be consciously aware of
27:11 – Why emotionally unavailable people can be attractive to Erin
31:57 – How your thoughts can lead you to take (or not take) certain actions
37:15 – What Erin can work on next and a suggestion for how to put it into practice
41:54 – Recapping the coaching call with Erin
46:38 – My top takeaways from this episode
After you listen to How To Date Vulnerably and Protect Yourself at the Same Time, here are your next steps:
- Order my book You Are Meant for Love.
- Looking for places where you can help by donating money? Try Care.org or World Central Kitchen. Sharon McMahon of Sharon Says So is also raising money in her community for Ukrainian refugees.
- Take my free Emotional Availability Assessment here.
- Listen to past episodes about anger 218 and 219 and past episodes about the Law of Attraction 199, 223, 269, and 290.
- Listen to Episode 304 with Paige about her experience with my small group coaching program Love Incubator.
- My Love Incubator coaching program is an affordable way to get 1-on-1 coaching calls with me and go deep where you need to. Plus, you’ll be part of a small community of 10 women or less doing the same work and willing to support you. Find out more here or book your exploratory call with me right away!
- Rather work with me 1-on-1? With my impactful introductory coaching session, you’ll walk away knowing exactly what’s blocking you in love. Learn more and schedule your session here.
- Finally, If you get value from the Love Life Connection, please rate & review it on Apple Podcasts. It only takes a sec to impact our ranking + it’ll help other women find our community!