It’s time for us to talk about the dark side of personal development. If you’re in the self-help industry as a coach or any kind of healer or helper, then this episode might make you feel a little uncomfortable, but I’ll remind you that this feeling can catalyze growth.
What I’m sharing reflects both my experience being on the receiving end of the dark side of personal development, as well as the ways I’ve fallen prey to the industry when it comes to making money and getting clients.
I’m being really transparent on my own growth in this way and how I want to show up for you, but I also want to warn you of the pitfalls so you can become a better consumer (or coach) of personal development as well.
6:42 – The inner child programming that the personal development industry plays into
9:11 – How toxic positivity shuts us down from healing through spiritual bypassing
14:32 – The critical piece missing when we talk about The Law of Attraction
17:20 – The toxic culture around gurus, and the false belief that there is one right way
After you listen to this episode, here are your next steps:
- Join my free Serendipity Challenge here.
- Get my free 2021 Coaching Services and Pricing Guide to learn how to work with me 1-on-1 here.
- Join me for the on-demand workshop, The 5-Step Strategy to Banish Anxiety and Overwhelm in Your Love Life. If you have it all but love, you can attract a fulfilling partnership and live a life of purpose. Sign up here.
- If you are interested in being coached on the Love Live Connection, sign up for my waitlist here.
- Finally, If you get value from the Love Life Connection, please rate & review it on Apple Podcasts. It only takes a sec to impact our ranking + it’ll help other women find our community!